Natural Gas Leak Detection System
Los Gatos Research (LGR) offers a comprehensive, easy-to-use and economical system for natural gas leak detection, quantification and mapping (to Google Earth). Competitive systems consist of costly and delicate equipment and require long-term leases, and expensive software licenses and maintenance contracts. In contrast, LGR's Natural Gas Leak Detection Systems (NGLD), composed of LGR's renowned Ultraportable CH4/CO2/H2O and CH4/H2O analyzers, industry standard anemometers (wind velocity) and GPS detectors (geographical coordinates), along with simple-to-use (open source) mapping software, provides measurements with unsurpassed accuracy and rapid time response. The LGR NGLD includes, at no extra cost, open-source, license-free software that enables users to simply and directly upload the measured concentrations in real time to the Cloud (to your own server) and to map the results directly to Google Earth. As a result, customers have full control of their data at all times and can visualize the results in real time anywhere for immediate safety and compliance monitoring.
- LGR analyzers can easily be combined with a sonic anemometer and a GPS device along with LGR's Data Logging Software, which operates on a Windows-based laptop computer, to simultaneously record CH4, CO2 and H2O concentrations, wind velocity, and local coordinates.
- The resulting multi-parameter data stream can be uploaded to Google Earth (or other mapping program) for display in real time. Real time data upload and mapping software available to all users at no extra cost (no license required).
- Due to LGR's patented inherently robust and superior technology, the cost of entire system is a small fraction of the cost of competitive, less-capable systems.
- The Ultraportable analyzer is small, lightweight and requires little power so that it can be operated in an automobile, while riding a bicycle or walking using only battery power.
- Unlike competitive analyzers, which are delicate and require a lengthy warm-up time to thermally stabilize, LGR's system allows users to collect data as soon as the instrument starts.
- The rugged Ultraportable analyzer allows users to record data anywhere, under almost all conditions, anytime.
- LGR's wide dynamic range allows users to measure CH4, CO2 and H2O even if concentrations are far higher than typical ambient levels (methane up to 10%, without compromising sensitivity at lower levels).